Share | 

Forge World Details

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jinn Remona
Jackel
Jackel

PostSubject: Forge World Details   Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:56 pm

Don't know if this is the right place to ask questions, but here goes. I need some info about some of the features in Forge World. There's alot I don't really know about, so I'll list here what I can't seem to figure out, and maybe someone can help. A detailed explanation of how each feature works, or maybe even a video to show me would be amazing or pulling my onto Skype to discuss it would also be amazing.

Spawns - I've been having some slight problems with the Spawn Points. I put down my Initial Spawns and Spawn Points, but I still end up Spawning either in the middle of the Blood Gulch Area, or on The Island. Anyone know why this happens?

Respawn Zone/Weak/Anti - What are these for exactly, and how do I go about using them properly?

Area Boundaries/Safe/Kill - I understand the concept of what they are. I don't understand exactly how to use them.

These three are the only ones I can think of at the present time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:40 am

Hey I've been having issues with some of these as well. But I have Figured out the difference between a Safe boundary and Soft Safe Boundary.

Safe Boundaries should be called Hard Safe Boundaries. Basically when you leave the area during normal gameplay you die. A Soft Safe Boundary is where the Countdown starts when you leave.

I also think the issues with the spawn points, is that they are active 100% of the time in Forge mode. So when you die in forge you will spawn at the default spawns. However when you are running a custom game they work.
The only issue I've seen is that I've spawned on respawn points instead of Initial spawns at the start.

I'm gonna take a look around and see if I can figure out those spawns areas, the weak and anti
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=633913546
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:42 am

PS the Kill Zones are a complete mystery to me. I've spawned inside of and outside of them and I still die. But I haven't tried mixing them with the Safe Boundries yet to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Jinn Remona
Jackel
Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Alright, I think I have a grasp on this. At least, Soft Safe Boundaries. I placed one within a sky area I was building, and made sure the entire building was within the box shape I used for the Soft Safe Boundary. When I dropped towards the ground, and hit the barrier I placed, I fell to my death. When I jumped towards the side barriers of the box shape, I got the Out of Bounds Timer. As for normal Safe Boundaries, it seems the no matter where you pass through the box, you instantly fall to your death. These both seem pretty simple, so it makes me wonder what Kill Boundaries are, if Safe Boundaries do what I figured Kill Boundaries would do. I'm going to keep going tests on these Boundaries to see what I can figure out about them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Have you tested in a walking surface and left the area? I wonder if leaving a Soft Safe Boundary on foot makes a difference.

I was also reading about safe and kill zones. Everyone seems to think that placing a Kill Zone out side of a Safe Zone changes things. I'm still trying to find an official guide to everything in spawning.
Back to top Go down
Jinn Remona
Jackel
Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Alright. Seems the Kill/Soft Kill Boundaries are the completely opposite of the Safe/Soft Safe Boundaries. When I placed them around my area, I was spawning into an Out of Bounds Countdown/Or Instant Kill depending on type. When I went outside of the Boundary I created, I entered a safe zone, even though I was dropping towards the ground at an increasing rate. So Safe/Soft Safe is for stopping people from going out of bounds, and Kill/Soft Kill could be for restricting certain areas on a map like caves and Cliffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinn Remona
Jackel
Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:36 pm

I'll try a ground approach and a mixture of the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:39 pm

That sounds right. I just found this posted by a bungie employee. It pretty much describes what you just said plus it lists how to make objectives for each game type.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49035808
Back to top Go down
Jinn Remona
Jackel
Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:51 pm

I tried out a combination of both. I surrounded an area with a Soft Kill Boundary. Then added spots of Soft Safe Boundaries within the area. It didn't work out the way I had planned it. I was hoping that the Soft Safe spots would be safe zones, and the outside of it would be kill zones. I then attempted to remove the Soft Kill Boundary, but leave the spots of Soft Safe Boundaries to the area. This worked out how I originally thought. As he explained, you have to be inside a Safe Zone if one is placed. By placing multiple ones, you can add multiple "Safe Zones". The problem I encountered was the timer didn't reset when you returned to a Safe Zone. Not right away at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinn Remona
Jackel
Jackel

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Moving on to Spawn Points. I still seem to be encountering problems with this. I placed down Three Initial Spawn Points, and Three Respawn Points. One Red, One Blue, One Neutral. Now, I would spawn on the appropriate Initial Spawn, but when respawning, I would appear on the Default Spots around Forge World, even though I'm in a Custom Game. I have a feeling it may be Game Specific or something, but I can't be sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm not sure with the Spawn Points. I'll experiment with them when I get home for work tonight.
Back to top Go down
SuperBeast
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:38 am

Jinn Remona wrote:
Moving on to Spawn Points. I still seem to be encountering problems with this. I placed down Three Initial Spawn Points, and Three Respawn Points. One Red, One Blue, One Neutral. Now, I would spawn on the appropriate Initial Spawn, but when respawning, I would appear on the Default Spots around Forge World, even though I'm in a Custom Game. I have a feeling it may be Game Specific or something, but I can't be sure.

The best way I have found around this is to use the delete all feature on the spawn points before laying them down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:03 pm

I've noticed with a couple maps I've tested, that Initial Spawn points to do squat in slayer. However Respawn points do work in slayer types.

That leads me to believe that Initial Spawns are for specific game types. I can't confirm that yet but I will test them later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Details   

Back to top Go down

Forge World Details
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Halo Reach Forge World Community :: Gaming :: Halo Reach-
Jump to: